Wandering Soul

Chinese government is always very busy demolishing dwelling these year and selling the land to the overseas merchant and rich business real estate agency. This phenomonen lasts about 10 years already since the reform and open of China.

So, lots and lots people lost their home and only get a little pension from government, those small amount of money can’t offord them a new comfortable house at all so they have to loan from the bank.Then their whole life is to work for bank just want to pay off the loan.

Most of the Chinese people lead such a poor life but small amount of rich business men and the officals, they master the most percent of money in China and use them for themselves.We know this, most of Chinese people know this, but we can not do anything for it, only bearing and escaping.

What I photographed is one of this dwelling in my home city-Wuhan.This is a big city and once was the biggest and busiest city in the world in the early 20th centry.But now,it begin to decline.

It is a pity that my home city become like this, I was born there and feel so lucky to be a witness of the development of the city.Now, most of the old and classical buildings are demolished by force, the force is from different aspect.What I photographed is just a kind of building-“Xian an fang”

I name this as “Wandering Soul” because when people was drived out of their home, they are wandering because although their bodies can be put into a room but the feeling of losing their home is just like a wandering soul which feel lonely and helpless.

pieces33

pieces27

pieces34pieces32pieces26

pieces28

pieces29

pieces25

0 Responses to “Wandering Soul”

• No Comments