St.Patrick Day Photojournalism

BRIEF:

Saint Patrick is the patron saint and national apostle of Ireland. St Patrick is credited with bringing christianity to Ireland. 

Why Saint Patrick’s Day?

Saint Patrick’s Day has come to be associated with everything Irish: anything green and gold, shamrocks and luck. Most importantly, to those who celebrate its intended meaning, St. Patrick’s Day is a traditional day for spiritual renewal and offering prayers for missionaries worldwide.

So, why is it celebrated on March 17th? One theory is that that is the day that St. Patrick died. Since the holiday began in Ireland, it is believed that as the Irish spread out around the world, they took with them their history and celebrations. The biggest observance of all is, of course, in Ireland. With the exception of restaurants and pubs, almost all businesses close on March 17th. Being a religious holiday as well, many Irish attend mass, where March 17th is the traditional day for offering prayers for missionaries worldwide before the serious celebrating begins.

In American cities with a large Irish population, St. Patrick’s Day is a very big deal. Big cities and small towns alike celebrate with parades, “wearing of the green,” music and songs, Irish food and drink, and activities for kids such as crafts, coloring and games. Some communities even go so far as to dye rivers or streams green!

Above information (Not including photo) is from: http://www.st-patricks-day.com/

************

I am so lucky that I got known this big festival this year and documented some photos of this festival.I feel very happy to do the documentary and photojournalism.But that day was rainy all the time, some times heavier.But people still enjoyed themselves so much and I was influenced by the atmosphere too!

_MG_1018

_MG_1053

_MG_1173

_MG_1323

_MG_1332

_MG_1461

_MG_1467

0 Responses to “St.Patrick Day Photojournalism”

• No Comments